Skip to main content

Utopian thoughts !

For nearly a decade, I resided in what one might call a Utopian realm, if such a place truly exists... where people cherished virtue, where perfection was the norm, where speaking the truth was a sign of strength, where candor was celebrated, where honesty earned rewards, where humility was honored, where kindness was expected, where humanity was the only faith, where integrity was esteemed, where ethics ran deep in our veins, where life was about generosity, where friendship meant sharing, where love was abundant and free, where every citizen was kin, where words like war, enemy, and hatred were absent from our vocabulary... This is where I lived for nine years... until I awoke to a world that taught me survival of the fittest... and so, I emerged from my slumber.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 ages of a man !

Years have passed, yet I cannot forget the poem I read in my 7th grade. Back then, it held only academic significance, aimed at affecting my grades. Subconsciously, it deeply touched my mind, body, and soul. Now, with a 3-year-old child and having lost my father at 62, its relevance has dawned on me. As my father lay on his deathbed, my child's visits sparked a twinkle in his eyes, an innocence matching that in my child's gaze, both unaware of life's impermanence. In his final days, my father became as frail and vulnerable as an infant, signalling the last of man's seven ages. I, too, am traversing these stages, anticipating the transitions that complete life's full circle.
  T The Dichotomous Professional Today's professional often exhibits a dichotomy: one side is genuine, the other contrived. The contrived aspect is typically cloaked in corporate attire, communication, and protocolled behavior. Thus arises the question: Is it necessary to be a dichotomous professional? While conventional wisdom urges authenticity, honesty, and directness, the pressure to conform can lead to a dichotomous existence within the corporate world, suppressing an individual's true nature by compelling them to adopt a facade that aligns superficially with the organization. This self-deceptive dichotomy sets a precedent for expected behavior, solidifying what are considered standard corporate practices; deviations from this norm are deemed unprofessional. Yet, there is hope in the form of innovative start-ups. These companies have challenged the archaic norms of corporate conduct with groundbreaking, radical thinking and disruptive business models that empower individua...
Banking in 2020 Henry Ford once remarked, "It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." Looking back at the banking landscape of India in the 1980s, I recall, as a child, how visiting a bank was quite the expedition. Bank officers, with their domineering demeanor, seemed to lord over people's finances, dispensing money as though it were a favor. Customers often spent hours in line, awaiting a summons from the teller—akin to a capricious deity—who delighted in power plays, ill-timed breaks, and even abusive language. This was tolerated because banks, under state control, were heavily regulated. Despite the benefits of state ownership, like financial inclusion and risk mitigation—which, if absent, could spell disaster for banks as witnessed with some international banks—it also quashed the entrepreneurial drive vital for national progress. T...